- State Manager for West Virginia*
- Area Manager for Hampton Roads, Virginia*
Residential Place Points and House Numbers and Searching
The waze engine house numbers index contains all the house numbers you see in the editor's house numbers layer. Some of the house numbers were added by users and some were imported. The index is updated during the tile build process.
When searching for a specific number, Waze prioritizes as follows:
- If there's a Residential Place with that specific number, use the place location.
- If there's a waze house number added by a user or imported and 'bumped' by an editor, use house number location. (Note: there is no longer an import house number for this location since an editor has verified its location.)
- Use google location.
- If there's no house number location in google's address, use imported location.
The address in a Public Place is not used by the search. It is only used for display purposes when you search by name in order to help the user determine that they are selecting the correct destination. When the user searches by the address of the Public Place they will end up with third party result since we don't normally add house numbers or Residential Place Points (RPP) for Public Places. Adding an RPP for every Public Place with known address is discouraged as it is a lot of extra effort and a LOT of extra data for Waze to store and search. If needed to solve a UR, however, add an RPP with the address number and explain to the reporter that searching by business name is best choice to get Waze results for best routing.