User:SeveriorumPatrem/Place Details Emergency Services
Police Station / Fire Department Place Categories
Use an Area Place, and lock to the appropriate regional or state standard. Set the name as defined for the types below, followed by the agency's abbreviation, so that Wazers will be able to easily identify the facility while using the mobile app.
If the agency operates from more than one location, the agency abbreviation should be followed by the location/station name.
For purposes of being fully searchable by Wazers, add an alternative name for each facility, which uses the full common name for the agency, as well as the location name as needed. Avoid the use of acronyms in the alternative name unless they are in common usage locally for that agency. Because alternative names do not display in the client, copy this full name into the Place description field as well.
For administrative facilities where emergency units are not routinely stationed, use a Point Place, and set the name to the common name used by that agency for the facility.
Category: Police Station
Use for public facilities where emergency law enforcement units are routinely stationed. Set the name to "Police:", followed by the agency's abbreviation (and facility name as necessary).
- Police: SPD West
- alt name Seattle Police Department West Precinct
- Police: LAPD Rampart
- alt name Los Angeles Police Department Rampart Station
- Police: NYPD 13th Pct
- alt name New York Police Department 13th Precinct
- Police: DPD
- alt name Duluth Police Department
- Police: CPD 10
- alt name Chicago Police Department District 10 Station
- Police: DSP Troop 7
- alt name Delaware State Police Troop 7
- Police: THP Abilene
- alt name Texas Highway Patrol Abilene Office
- Police: YCSO
- alt name York County Sheriff's Office
Category: Fire Department
Use for public facilities where emergency fire and rescue units are routinely stationed. Set the name to "Fire Station:", followed by the agency's abbreviation (and facility name as necessary).
- Fire Station: TFD 8
- alt name Tacoma Fire Department Station 8
- Fire Station: BAFC
- alt name Bryn Athyn Fire Company
- Fire Station: OCFA 74
- alt name Orange County Fire Authority Station 74
- Fire Station: YCFD5 15
- alt name Yakima County Fire District #5 Station 15
- Fire Station: PFD III
- alt name Plymouth Fire Department Station III
- Fire Station: CTFD 103
- alt name Coleraine Township Fire & EMS Station 103
- Fire Station: MN DNR Cotton
- alt name Minnesota Department of Natural Resources Cotton Fire Station
- Fire Station: SBNF San Jacinto
- alt name USFS San Bernardino National Forest, San Jacinto Ranger Station
Use for public facilities where emergency medical units are routinely stationed, but which are not already part of a Hospital / Urgent Care facility or a Fire Station. Set the name to "Ambulance:", followed by the agency's abbreviation (and facility name as necessary).
- Ambulance: SCEMS
- alt name Skamania County EMS
- Ambulance: SCCAD 2
- alt name St Charles County Ambulance District Station 2
- Ambulance: EAC 63
- alt name Emmaus Ambulance Corps Station 63
- Ambulance: CCAD Sparta
- alt name Christian County Ambulance District Sparta Station
- Ambulance: AMR 54
- alt name American Medical Response Post 54
- Ambulance: DAS
- alt name Durant Ambulance Service