See Resources for GIS info and other specific Alaska info.
- WME GIS Layers displays public GIS data on your WME screen including parcels, address points, and Mile Markers for state roads. The larger municipalities and boroughs have this data available, but not all do.
- WME GIS Buttons provides a toolbar with links to open local GIS resources.
City/Borough Mapping Resources
- Municipality of Anchorage
- Fairbanks North Star Borough
- Haines Borough
- Kenai Peninsula Borough
- Matanuska Susitna Borough
All of the state's roads are typed and set according to AKDOT functional classification. Alaska follows the Functional Classification (FC) system for both state and non-state roads. This change from the previous road-typing guidance was changed in September 2014. Please cross reference using the functional classification table
- Alaska Department of Transportation (AKDOT) home page
- AKDOT maps home page Maps & Geospatial Data
- NHS pdf map of Alaska
- Alaska DOT&PF Roadway Data
If you want to know more about the Federal Functional Classification check the Functional Classification article.