- 1 Introduction
- 2 Handy Links
- 3 Mentoring Videos
- 4 The following items have been covered and are considered complete.
- 5 The following items have been covered but need more discussion.
- 6 Reading Material for next Topic
- 7 Future Topics' Reading Material
- 8 Longer term reading material follows...
- 9 Even Longer Term Reading material follows...
Below you will see a section titled "Next Lesson". The material that is listed there is expected to be read. Early on the material will be fairly easy and you should have a good grasp just by reading. As we go forward, the material gets more challenging. You don't have to have a working level of the material after reading. I encourage you to write down your questions, and either ask me during a mentoring session or even outside of a mentoring session. Additionally, you are encouraged (and expected) to interact with other editors so that you can maximize your learnings -- So ask other editors questions about things you are unsure of. By all means, make sure that unanswered questions are resolved in one way or another.
- None Yet.
The following items have been covered and are considered complete.
- Southeast Region Wiki
- Editor Reference Sheet
- Map Editor Wazeopedia (WZO)
- Map Editing 101 Power Point Presentation
- Map Editor Interface and Controls
- Map Tiles
- Editor Rank and Points
- Editing Forums
- Creating and Editing Road Segments
- Soft and Hard Turns
- Geometry Nodes (Geo-nodes)
- Gas Station Places on the Waze Map
- Parking Lot Roads
- Parking Lot Place
- Parking Lot Place Forum Discussion
- Editing Restrictions
- The Unlock Forum
- The WME forum
- Road Types
- External Sources
- Edits To Avoid
- Road Segment Elevation
- Forum Discussion on Road Elevations
- SER True Elevation
- Navigation and Routing Forum
- How Waze Determines Turn, Keep, and Exit Maneuvers
- Forum: Best Continuation Algorithm
- Junction Angle Info Revisited
- Myth: Places do not suppress routing
The following items have been covered but need more discussion.
- When to Split a two-way road
- How to Properly Divide Roads
- Map Problems Revisited
- At-grade Connectors
Reading Material for next Topic
- Forums: U-turn discussion
- Intro to Scripts Power Point Presentation
- Toolbox Script
- Reverse Connectivity
- Fixing Rev-Cons Forum Discussion
- More Functional Classification
- Forum Discussion: Road Types
- Area Manager
- Mentoring New Editors
- Map Raid
- Collaborative Editing
- Private Installations
- SER Private Road Segment Use
- Text To Speech (TTS)
- National Park Service
- Bureau of Land Management
- Forest Service Roads
- Forum Discussion: Forest Service Roads
- Indian Reservation Roads
- Forum Discussion: Indian Reservation Roads
Future Topics' Reading Material
Longer term reading material follows...
Even Longer Term Reading material follows...
When our mentoring partnership completes, this web page will serve as a useful and readily available reference for your use for years to come. Hang on to it. Remember, that the best way to learn to edit is to read some, edit some, ask questions, read some more, edit some more. You will find that you are frequently referring back to the wazeopedia. A good editor never assumes they know the answer to everything.