User:PesachZ/Temporary closures/Overview list
There are five methods to control traffic flow:
- Mega events
- Temporary closures
- Closures report from the client
- Partial restrictions
- Disconnect road segments
- Mega event - A major event that will typically have road closures or detours. It is usually a scheduled event with significant exposure and likely to impact an entire community. A major natural disaster can be added after it occurs if roads are going to be rerouted for many days.
- Temporary Closures - Temporary Closures can be entered in WME, or through the client as you drive by them. See next item for Closures report from client. Closures can be added to segments in WME by high ranking editors, without actually modifying the segment, or its turn restrictions. These display in the client and Livemap with alerts and candy stripes on the segments notifying users of the closures.Error creating thumbnail: Unable to save thumbnail to destination
Due to its' safety and visibilty, this is the preferred method for closing a road.
Editors who do not have access to add closures in WME can request a higher ranking editor to help using a designated request format, or the unlock/update request for their country. In the USA the Road Closures Form (USA) is used.
- Partial restrictions - AKA Scheduled or Time-Based Restrictions. Used when turns or roadways are restricted for certain times of day, days of the week, vehicle types, etc. It has the ability to only restrict during a specific date range, so it can be used in place of mega events or temporary road closures if necessary (as a last resort).Error creating thumbnail: Unable to save thumbnail to destination
- Disconnect road segments - Road segments should only be physically disconnected if the road is no longer intended to connect or is being permanently removed. In the past, this method was used for longer term construction projects, but now the Road Closure feature should be used.