USA/New England/Special roads/Main
- Alleys should always be mapped if they have a name.
- Alleys should always be mapped if they are the sole access to a home or business.
- Alleys should always be set to "Private"
- Alleys are normally mapped if they are acknowledged by the municipality.
If an alley does not meet the above criteria, mapping is optional. Leave the name field blank.
Walking Trails, Pedestrian Boardwalks, & Stairways generally should not be mapped. Exceptions should be approved by a State Manager.
It is permitted to map Railroads, and Railroad type can be junctioned with drivable roads when there are at-grade crossings.
Please see respective state pages for any applicable state-specific handling of special road types (Dirt Roads, Walking and other multi-use trails, 4x4 Trails, Alleys, Driveways):
- Connecticut Special Roads
- Maine Special Roads
- Massachusetts Special Roads
- New Hampshire Special Roads
- Rhode Island Special Roads
- Vermont Special Roads