→House numbers vs residential point places: Grammar fix
* House number addresses automatically update when the road segment's primary or alternate city name changes; RPPs do not.
* House numbers utilize the various street or city names listed as alternate names listed in the segments's [[Map_Editor_Interface_and_Controls#Address_Box | address box]]; RPPs only can have one street/city combination per Place.
* House numbers are indexed on their own update schedule; RPP location and details go live almost immediately to existing road segments. Both house number and RPP search results are indexed separately. House numbers will normally be updated by the second road segment tile update. This ensures a new road segment is created in the segment database prior to adding the house number to the house number database, otherwise there may
be not be a linkable segment based on the different update schedules.
* House numbers only route to road segments with names; RPPs will route to any road segment named or not.
* House numbers can contain letters; RPPs cannot contain letters.