no edit summary
* Bridges should be cut at the start/end of the bridge where the land falls away. You can usually see guardrail at the start/end of the bridge section. Also the pavement type may change (Asphalt to Concrete for example).
** Do not '''cut segments''' for elevation purposes if the bridge starts/stops within 60m/200ft of an existing junction.
** No need to elevate segments over every small creek or box culvert. Only elevate over significant waterways or natural features.
* Only set elevation as low/high as necessary. For example, no segment should be Elevation +2 unless it passes over another segment with Elevation +1.
* Only segments that are actually '''underground''' should have the negative elevation.
* Tunnels should be cut at least 15m/50ft before and after the tunnel, to allow time for the GPS to regain signal.
* '''The use of common sense is paramount in using True Elevation
and maintain some uniformity for display purposes when determining where to make the splits.'''