Rule of the road
(Redirected from Right-hand traffic)
Rule of the road refers to the practice of forcing traffic flow to one side of the road on a two-way street.
- Right-hand traffic (RHT) - Traffic position
- Keep to the right - Traffic position
- Drive on the right - Traffic position
- Left-hand drive (LHD) - Driver position
- Left-hand traffic (LHT) - Traffic position
- Keep to the left - Traffic position
- Drive on the left - Traffic position
- Right-hand drive (RHD) - Driver position
The Waze Wiki should use the phrases right-hand traffic and left-hand traffic. Since the left-hand drive and right-hand drive phrases use a direction term that is opposite of the other terms and it is uniquely describing the position of the driver, it is better not to include that phrase when describing the rule of the road. Excluding its use will help reduce the ambiguity possible if a reader mistakes the left-hand drive or right-hand drive is describing the side of the road on which you drive.